Energy Diagnostics Inc in Detroit, MI
Providing NGBS Green and EPA Energy Star Certifications in Detroit, MI
Detroit is the largest city in Michigan and the 18th most populous city in the country. Since its founding in 1701, it has experienced many changes. Over time, it has become a major shipping and transportation hub that is now home to millions of residents. Detroit is evolving, and that means that the energy efficiency of homes should too.
Whether you're interested in a new home or building construction, remodeling, or ensuring your home is as energy efficient as possible, Energy Diagnostics is here to help. We also specialize in commercial services, so we can help you design those multi-family buildings that Detroit desperately needs.
Energy Diagnostics offers a range of commercial, residential, and builder resources. Here's a more in-depth look at what we can provide in each of these areas.
Whether you want to make sure your current buildings are up to code or are looking into building new housing units, our team of experts is here to help. Specially trained energy professionals will help estimate water and energy usage for your commercial structures.
Factors that go into consideration include appliances, lighting fixtures, maximum occupancy, unit size, and building location. We can also help you qualify for federal green loan programs, such as those offered by Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Energy Diagnostics is proud to offer a variety of builder resources. We work with you from the beginning to the end of the process to ensure you have a stress-free experience with us. Some of our programs include:
- Proper installation of an air barrier: Improper installation will not stop air from passing through. When Energy Diagnostics installs an air barrier, we ensure that all seams are sealed with tape, caulk, or another type of air sealant. The air barrier is then cut around any obstacles and framing is held up with cap staples or nails.
- Bonus room blocking: Improper installation in bonus rooms, such as an apartment over your garage, can result in energy loss, frozen pipes, and a lack of comfort for those who live in the space. Energy Diagnostics creates blocking between unconditioned and conditioned spaces in the joists, complete with an air barrier and top and bottom plates.
We're proud to offer various residential services, too. You can hire Energy Diagnostics to perform the following services:
- Insulation Inspections: One of the most important inspections we do is to ensure your insulation is up to par. We'll check to make sure there is ample air sealing, the insulation is installed correctly, and there are effective air barriers.
- Air Leakage Tests: At the end of the construction process, we perform an air leakage test or blower door test. We check for duct leaks and use these results to determine a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) rating.
- HERS Rating: Many factors go into the HERS score. Each point lower on the HERS scale represents a one percent reduction in energy usage for the home, meaning that a lower score equals a more efficient home.
Our Energy Certifications
We provide verification that buildings are above code for the following:
- National Green Building Standard (NGBS): The NGBS focuses on quality, environmental stability, and availability of communities and residential homes. Certifications are offered for multi-family buildings and land development.
- Energy Star: This is a program developed under the EPA. Participation is voluntary but encouraged for commercial building owners who want to manage energy consumption.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED): LEED is a component of the United States Green Building Council. Certification is awarded based on energy and water savings, reduction of carbon monoxide emissions, indoor environmental quality, and sustainable site choices.
Tax Credits and Utility Rebates
Our team at Energy Diagnostics can guide you through the process of receiving the latest tax credits and utility rebates if you're planning to make improvements or planning the construction of a new building. One example is the 45L, or the Energy Efficient Home Tax Credit. Under this program, you may qualify for a tax credit if specific efficiency and new construction requirements are met. The only way to determine whether you qualify is to have a professional, such as an agent from Energy Diagnostics, evaluate your home.
Why Choose Energy Diagnostics?
Since 1992, Energy Diagnostics has been providing fuel-efficient resources to our clients. We are one of the top five companies in the country to provide EPA Energy Star and NGBS Green Certifications. To date, we have completed over 40,000 of these certifications. This means that you'll have a team of well-trained professionals working to ensure your job is done quickly and correctly.
Our goal is to provide our clients with a plan that works for them. Whether you're an independent contractor, private homeowner, or the owner of a large business, we're here to help. We work to reduce energy consumption, lower utility bills, and protect the environment for future generations.