CHECKLIST FOR Insulation Inspections and FINAL INSPECTIONS
"Energy Diagnostics keeps us on our toes and ahead of the game! We began working with Energy Diagnostics in 2000, as they certified our new construction homes to the Energy-Star® program. In late 2008, it was a smooth transition to the NAHB Guidelines and then to the National Green Building Standard. Everything is handled with professionalism and integrity; from pre-scoring to scheduling to inspections and follow-through with NAHB. Ample notice is given when changes are happening to codes or standards. These guys are passionate about what they do, and they do it well."
Granite Ridge Builders
"Energy Diagnostics is the foremost authority on energy efficiency. They keep us in tune with the latest rebates and tax credits, and have shown use how to make a great house even better"
Construction Lancia Homes
"Energy Diagnostics does a great job doing energy ratings on all of 180+ homes we build every year. Their knowledgeable staff guides our company in the right direction to make our homes more energy efficient and make our homes comfortable for our customers to live in for many years to come."
CHECKLIST FOR INSULATION INSPECTIONS
- All walls, rim and band, ULA, sloped ceilings are insulated. (Everything that will be covered up with drywall.)
- Insulation is split around wires, conduit, and plumbing pipes.
- All windows foamed in.
- All exterior penetrations sealed.
- All baseplates caulked.
- All seams sealed on HVAC that will be covered up with drywall.
- Air barriers are installed behind tubs and mechanical chases.
- Rim and band between floor and in basement has air barrier. (FSK in Illinois)
CHECKLIST FOR Final INSPECTIONS
- All HVAC is complete. All seams sealed. All drywall penetrations sealed. All floor registers are sealed. All returns/floor registers are installed.
- All plumbing complete.
- Carpet is installed.
- Front door is NOT being painted at time of testing. All weather stripping is installed and adjusted. All hardware is installed on all exterior doors.
- Attic access panels are installed and gasketed. (Not sitting on nails)
- We have access to all floor areas. (No painting basement stairs, staining floors, etc.)
- Attic insulation is complete.
- Rim and band insulation in basement is complete.
- Foundation insulation is complete.
- Home should be move in ready.